Suppose you want to live and work in an Australian designated regional Australia and extend the duration of your stay for five years. In that case, you must apply for subclass 491 visa.
From the application process to visa conditions, complete document checklist, and step-by-step application procedures, here is everything you need to know to apply for visa 491 that the Australian government recently introduced. You will also get an idea of the processing time, 491 visa requirements, and its unique benefits.
Let us begin by understanding what exactly subclass 491 skilled work regional visas are.
What is 491 Skilled Work Regional Visa through State or Territory nomination?
A purpose-designed visa was introduced by Australia’s government as part of a larger campaign to develop less populated areas of the country rapidly. This visa was also made into effect to address the shortage of talent and skilled labor in smaller cities and towns of the country. It legally allows the qualifying migrants to stay and work in the country.
This decision came after the government recognized that Australia’s smaller towns and regions need professionals to fill up vacant positions in which there have been no professionals for months. They recognized that a lack of qualified applicants in those locations needs to be addressed. These positions ultimately stay vacant for months as there are no qualified applicants in the area. These positions impact an organization’s growth and development significantly. This, in turn, impacts the local economy and community negatively.
Reasons to Opt For Subclass 491 Visa
A Provisional permit, the visa subclass 491, lets professionals eligible to study, work and live in the designated regional areas of the country for up to 5 years.
With visa 491, one can travel to and from the country multiple times during the validation period of the visa.
Though this visa has a five-year validity, some of the 491 visa holders might become entitled to apply for a visa for permanent residence (subclass 191) after three years if they fulfill all the necessary criteria.
Visa 491 Conditions
Below are 491 visa conditions that need to be fulfilled:
- One must be invited to apply.
- One must fulfill the points test
- One must be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency.
- Alternatively, an eligible relative must be the sponsor.
- One should have an occupation listed on an appropriate skilled occupation list.
- Suitable skills assessment for the occupation must be fulfilled. These Designated regional areas are Perth, Gold Coast, Canberra, Hobart, and Adelaide. Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane do not fall on the list.
You need to provide the following documents to prove that you meet the requirements for Visa subclass 491
- National Identity Card (If available)
- Detailed resume or CV
- Skills assessment Documents
- English language test Documents
- Employment contract
- Position description
- Registration (if required, e.g., AHPRA)
- Appointment of agent form (if required)
- Sponsor Documents
- Nomination Documents
Proof of Marital Status like:
- Marriage Certificate.
- Divorce documents.
- Statutory declarations.
- Death certificates.
- Character certificate from Police from your home country or country of the previous residence.
- Identity documents
- Character documents
- Marriage documents or documents about other relationships (if applicable)
If you match the above criteria, you can apply for a visa subclass 491 in the following process. you can also apply for 494 visa if you are eligible.
Submit An Expression Of Interest
To get nominated, you need to let the authorities know that you are keen on getting an Adelaide 190 visa by submitting an expression of interest (EOI).
To do this:
- Open an account on SkillSelect.
- Provide personal information
- Include work experiences and qualifications.
- Submit the EOI
Gather Your Documents
You need to gather the above documents to support your claims made in your EOI and prove that you meet the other visa criteria.
Apply For Your Visa
After you receive your invitation, apply for your visa online from within or outside Australia. You can apply for the visa within 60 days of receiving the invitation.
Wait For The Outcome
After this, the authorities will notify you after receiving your application. You will also be notified about your visa grant if you have been granted a bridging visa. If the visa is granted, the authorities will notify with the following:
Visa grant number
- Visa start date
- Visa conditions, if any
- Processing Time
The applications are assessed individually, and the actual processing time might be between 6 to 16 months. This difference is based on individual circumstances, which will include:
- Availability of complete application, including all the required supporting documents.
- The response time of the applicants if any additional information is needed.
- The time is taken for the needed verifications to be performed on the provided supporting information.
- The duration of obtaining additional information from external agencies about character, health, and national security needs.
However, this application is generally processed on high priority by the Department of Home Affairs, Australia. The 491 skilled work regional subclass visa is often labelled the simplest and fastest way to immigrate to the country. This visa allows your family and you almost immediate access to one of the most beautifully developed nations with an exceptionally high standard of life.
Immigration services in Australia can help you obtain a skilled work regional visa subclass 491 at a record time. You will receive help with all the application and migration processing by a registered immigration agent. These professionals will also support you through the nitty-gritty of the ranking and point procedures.
From filing the petition on your behalf to gathering the documents and filing them, you will not have to worry about any paperwork for your visa application. The professional handling will make sure that your visa application is cleared within the shortest amount of time. You do not need to follow up with the consulate and worry about the visa interview. A top-class registered migration agent in Perth will handhold through every process, and it will be soon that you and your family will be packing bags for Australia.