Let’s Take A Look At The Important Checklist For Student Visa Subclass 500

student visa 500

If you have already planned to study in Australia, you must know what the Student Visa Subclass 500 is all about. Most international students have to apply for and obtain this visa to study an Australian course and grow their professional careers. Besides allowing students to study for a specific period, an Australian student visa also helps them gain relevant work experience.
However, it is found that every year, a large number of applications get rejected by the Australian Department of Home Affairs because of missing documents. It can be hard to accept, especially if you have great potential but only get rejected due to improper document submission. That is why we have designed this blog to help students with a detailed Student Visa 500 checklist. If you want to continue your studies after expiring your student visa, you can apply for a temporary graduate visa 485.

What Should You Do Before Submitting The Documents?

For a successful Student Visa 500 application, you will need to gather the right set of documents. For that, it is important to check the ‘Document Checklist Tool’ on the Immigration website. You will need to enter your home country and the name of your education provider.

What Documents Should You Gather At The Time Of Your Application?

Before you apply, you must also make sure that you satisfy all the Student Visa 500 eligibility criteria and keep in mind that the documents will prove your eligibility. Because you will make the application online, get the following documents scanned.

Identity Documents

The first set of documents that the Immigration Department will want to see is your identity documents, which will include the following:

  • Copies of your valid passport pages that contain your personal details, photograph, dates of passport issue, and expiry.
  • Copy of a national ID card.
  • Copy of a name change document, which may be a marriage or divorce certificate or a name change document issued by a relevant authority.
  • such as the Australian Registry of Births, Marriages, and Deaths.

Confirmation Of Enrolment And Letters Of Acceptance And Support

Applicants of the Australian Visa Subclass 500 have to prove that an Australian institute has accepted them to pursue a course. The documents will include:

  • A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
  • A letter of support for a student supported by the Australian Department of Defence or the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
  • An AASES (Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students) form for a secondary exchange student
  • A letter from the education provider for a Postgraduate Research student

Financial Evidence

All the expenses, including tuition fees, travel costs, and accommodation costs, must be borne by the student. Financial capacity evidence will include:

  • Bank statements
  • Monetary support documents, if applicable

Evidence That You Will Not Need To Pay A Visa Application Fee

You will not need to pay the visa application fee if you fall into one of these categories:

  • Students awarded a Commonwealth Government of Australia-funded scholarship
  • Secondary Exchange students
  • Students and family members receiving support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and trade
  • Students and family members receiving support from the Department of Defence
  • Family members of students doing a Postgraduate Research

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) documents

Every overseas student and family member must have the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from the day they arrive in Australia. You can get it from either your education provider or an insurance agent.
If an insurance agent organises it, you will need to provide the following information:

  • Name of the insurance provider
  • Policy number
  • Dates of insurance start and expiry

If your education provider arranges it, the following information will be required:

  • Name of the insurance provider
  • Dates of insurance start and expiry

English Language Requirement Documents

As Australia is an English-speaking country, you will need to show that you have adequate skills in that language. To prove that, you have to submit the results of any English language test, which should not be more than 2 years old. If you give IELTS, the minimum score you will need to obtain is 5.5.
Results of other tests like TOEFL iBT, OET, PTE Academic, Cambridge Advanced are also accepted. Note that for your institute, you may require a higher score. Before enrolling, check it from their website.

Documents Of Welfare Arrangements

Students under 18 have to provide documents related to welfare arrangements to apply for a Student Visa Adelaide. Documents will include:

  • CAAW (Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare) form attached to your AASES form, if you are a secondary exchange student
  • Documents proving that you have a guardian in Australia

A guardian can be your parent, a legal custodian, or a relative over 21 years of age. Make sure they have a valid Australian visa that will not expire until you are in Australia.

Partner documents

If you include your partner in the application, you will need to submit your partner’s identity and character documents. Relationship documents will include:

  • Marriage certificate, if you are married
  • Proof of your de facto relationship

Documents for dependants under 18

For your dependent children under 18 years of age, you must submit:

  • Their birth certificates, or pages of a family book containing the names of both parents
  • Adoption documents, if applicable
  • Documents ensuring legal rights
  • Form 1229 (parental consent form) or statutory declarations

Documents related to hiring a migration agent

If you need professional help with your visa application, you have to hire an Adelaide migration agent. But for that also, you will need to submit several documents, including:

  • Form 956 for appointing a registered migration agent or a legal practitioner
  • Form 956A for withdrawing or appointing an authorised recipient

Points Not To Forget Regarding Submission Of These Documents

Here we discuss several points that you should not forget regarding submitting all these documents.

Translate the documents

Remember that all the documents should be in English. Even if they are in any other language, get them translated. If you hire an Australian translator, make sure they are registered with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters. On each translation, they have to provide their:

  • Full name
  • Qualification and experience details
  • Contact number and address

Keep a copy

Whenever you make a visa application, do not forget to take a printed copy of it.

Provide accurate information

Above all, make sure all the information is correct and accurate. Mistakes can lead to an increase in the Student Visa 500 processing time and, if not corrected, can lead to visa refusal.

Final words
A registered and qualified migration agent Adelaide can help you in preparing all the documents. Thus, if you want to hire such a professional, do it before starting your application. Also, while hiring, take a look at their clients’ reviews.

You May Also Like

About the Author: saloni singh

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.