Have you just bought a new Netgear router and don’t know where to start? Then, don’t worry. Here, we have arrived with some important information that can guide you to set up your Netgear router without any difficulty. Just scroll down to the below information, which might be helpful for you.
- Poor Internet connection
- Inadequate power supply
- Wrong login credentials
- WiFi interference
These are some reasons behind the outcome of Netgear WiFi not working issue through the Nighthawk app.
Reboot your Netgear Router
This is the first method you should implement to eliminate minor issues that may be restricting you to access the Internet through the Netgear Nighthawk router. Rebooting your Netgear router is not a tough job but still, some users don’t have the proper knowledge to reboot their Netgear router. Therefore, we have listed step-by-step information to restart your Netgear router without any difficulty.
- First, you need to disconnect all your WiFi-enabled connections from your Netgear router.
- Then, turn off your Netgear router and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for a while
- Then, again plug your Netgear router into the power socket and turn it on.
- Now, re-connect your WiFi-enabled device to your router to access the high-speed internet.
Verify Your Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is required to set up the Netgear router using the Nighthawk router app. If you are accessing the internet using a wired connection, then check the condition of the Ethernet cable as it needs to be free from any wear or tear to work perfectly. While using a wireless connection, the placement of your WiFi-enabled device must be within the range of the Netgear router to avoid any disruption in the WiFi signals.
Check Your Power Supply
Inspect the power socket of your Netgear router as any damage or short-circuit in the power socket can cause a power outage. Therefore, try switching to another power socket to avoid any issues. Moreover, check the condition of the AC cable as it needs to be free from any cuts. Else, you’ll not able to fix the issue.
Check the Login Information
Ensure that you are entering the correct login information on the Netgear router login page by cross-checking the information you have entered.
Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
While placing your Netgear router, you should avoid objects such as refrigerators, microwaves, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, or other home appliances to avoid interference in the WiFi signals. Any disturbance in the WiFi signal can reduce the performance of your Netgear router and can restrict you to perform the Netgear Nighthawk router login process via an app.
Improper Netgear Router Setup
In some cases, users aren’t aware of the correct procedure to set up a Netgear router using the Nighthawk app. Therefore, here we have disclosed simple steps to perform Netgear router setup without any issue.
Steps for Netgear Router Setup:
- You are required to turn on your Netgear router and unlock your smartphone.
- Now, visit the marketplace on your smartphone.
Important Note: Android users can visit the PlayStore and iOS users can get the App from the Apple App Store.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the Netgear Nighthawk app, tap on it to launch the app.
- Now, you’ll be directed to the Netgear router login page where you need to enter the default username and password in their respective field.
- Once you have logged in, the Netgear router setup wizard will appear on your screen.
- On the Netgear router setup wizard, you can easily customize the settings of your Netgear router according to your needs.
Important Note: You can also download the Netgear nighthawk app for Windows 10 by accessing nighthawk-app.com.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned information will prove to be beneficial for you in setting up a Netgear router using the Nighthawk app without any difficulty.