Digital marketing, often known as online marketing, is the promotion of brands through the internet and other kinds of digital communication in order to engage with potential clients. In layman’s terms, it’s the use of the Internet to reach out to customers.
Digital marketing, unlike earlier, traditional marketing tactics such as print, broadcast, direct mail, phone, and outdoor advertising such as billboards, covers not only email, social media, and web-based advertising, but also text and multimedia messaging as a marketing channel.
Social media marketing is the process of drawing users and consumers to a website by using social networking sites such as Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Digital marketing includes social media marketing.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL MARKETING
The difference between traditional and digital marketing is that traditional marketing focuses on existing platforms, but digital marketing focuses on new platforms, which is why firms who use digital marketing earn more money than organizations that use traditional marketing.
Brands go to digital marketers to promote their products and services, and the digital marketers promote them on various social media platforms and digital platforms, whereas in traditional marketing, you can promote your business by advertising on television, distributing pamphlets, and using radio to reach out to your target audience to grow your business.
Different types of digital media can assist brands in reaching more people and spreading the word about their businesses through the appropriate channels.
Earned, Owned, or Paid, each one represents a different method of brand promotion, advertising, and interaction with the target audience.
Earned media refers to all of the media a company receives as a result of what we call “word of mouth” but in an internet setting. Earned media, on the other hand, is the most significant because it is more natural.
Owned Media is one of the three categories of digital media that a firm owns indefinitely. These channels can also be used for engagement and lead education, as well as providing institutional information.
Paid media is any form of advertising in which you pay to be seen. This category includes every direct investment made by the brand, and the direction is for disclosure channels. It’s purpose is to reach a larger audience, allowing your brand to be known by a larger number of people.
- Global reach- For a minimal investment, a website allows you to discover new markets and trade abroad.
- Lower cost- A well-thought-out and well-targeted digital marketing strategy can reach the ideal customers for a fraction of the price of traditional marketing strategies.
- Track and measurable results- You can get extensive information about how customers interact with your website or respond to your advertising by using Google Analytics.
- Personalization- If your client database is linked to your website, you can greet visitors with targeted offers every time they come to the site.
- Openness- You can generate client loyalty and establish a reputation for being simple to engage with by getting involved with social media and carefully controlling it.
- Skills and training- To be successful with digital marketing, you’ll need to make sure your team has the necessary skills and experience.
- Time consuming- Optimizing internet advertising campaigns and producing marketing content, for example, might take a long time.
- High competition- Standing out from the crowd and grabbing attention amid the various messages aimed to consumers online can be difficult.
- Complaints and feedback- Through social media and review websites, any bad input or criticism of your brand can be seen by your audience.
Visit DelhiCourses to learn about the workings of the industry, digital marketing, and essential ideas from qualified academics.
About the Author-
Gaurav Heera is a digital marketing trainer and writer with many years of experience in the field. He often writes guest posts for DelhiCourses, an institute known for its digital marketing course in Delhi & Digital Marketing Course in Gwalior.