So, you decided to set up a Netgear EX5000 extender in your home to extend the existing wireless network range. But, what happened? Why are there stress lines on your forehead? Is it because you unable to perform Netgear EX5000 setup? Don’t worry! In this article, we will guide you about how to set up a Netgear extender in a hassle-free manner. Continue reading.
How to Set Up Netgear EX5000 Extender?
- Let’s start with unboxing your Netgear EX5000 extender.
- After unboxing, plug your extender into a wall socket and press the Power button.
- As soon as the LED light starts glowing green, establish a connection between your Netgear EX5000 extender and router.
- Thereafter, turn on your PC and open a web browser that you often use.
- Head over to the address bar of the web browser and type the default web address of the Netgear range extender into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, you will be prompted to log in to your Netgear EX5000 extender.
- Enter the default admin details of your WiFi device into the provided fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- The Netgear Genie setup wizard containing certain prompts will appear.
- Walk through these instructions to complete the setup process of your Netgear EX5000 extender.
That’s how you can set up your Netgear EX5000 range extender. If you still do not get success with the installation process, the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps will help you execute it in a hassle-free manner:
Fixed: Can’t Set Up Netgear EX5000 Extender
- Check the Power Outlet
Looks like your extender is not receiving a fluctuation-free electricity. It might happen due to a faulty wall socket. To get the issue resolved, consider plugging your WiFi device into another wall socket. Also, ensure the power LED becomes solid green.
- Connect Your WiFi Devices Properly
The improper connection between your Netgear EX5000 extender and router can also create issues during the setup process. Therefore, ensure that your WiFi devices are connected properly.
- Select an Appropriate Location
Where have you placed your Netgear EX5000 extender? Beneath a table or near a television? Remember that the WiFi signals of your Netgear extender can be easily deflected by radio-wave emitting devices and reflexive surfaces. Moreover, masonry constructions like thick concrete walls and floors can also affect the Netgear EX5000 extender’s WiFi signals. So, keep your extender away from such things.
In addition, your extender’s WiFi signals also struggle to pass through indoor waterfall walls and aquariums. So, maintain a safe distance between your Netgear extender and objects containing a large amount of water.
- Use the Correct Web Address
Users often come across issues during the Netgear EX5000 extender setup process due to the use of incorrect web address. You might have committed the same mistake. So, make sure to type the correct default web address of your Netgear extender into the address bar of the web browser.
- Check the Log In Credentials
The default login credentials of your Netgear EX5000 extender are case-sensitive. Therefore, be careful while typing them. If you’re unsure about the default username and password, you can refer to the Netgear user manual.
- Update the Web Browser
An outdated web browser is another reason that might create a mess while setting up your Netgear extender. So, to avoid those issues, consider updating the web browser you are currently using. Once done, recommence the setup process.
- Disable Antivirus Software
Although an antivirus software and firewall on your computer protect your device from malicious attacks, they also prevent you from performing Netgear EX5000 extender setup successfully. Therefore, temporarily disable antivirus software and firewall on your computer.
By following the aforementioned hacks, you’ll be able to configure your Netgear extender in a hassle-free manner. Now, connect your WiFi-client devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext and enjoy accessing a superb internet connection.
Did you get success in setting up your Netgear EX5000 extender? Looks like you’ve made it. So, we would like to congratulate you on setting up your WiFi device. Now, relax and enjoy surfing the internet, playing multiplayer games, and listening to Spotify.